LASA PTSA Membership
Please join the PTSA for the 2021-22 school year. PTA is the largest child advocacy organization in the US. Please help us grow our membership to greater than 500,000 Texans. This will help us advocate for Texas students, families and schools at the local, state and national level. $ 5 student and $10 adult
Every child's potential is a reality
To make every child's potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children
VIRTUAL SUMMIT SERIES
NOVEMBER 8, 2021 JANUARY 17, 2022 MARCH 21 2022
LEADERSHIP EMPOWERMENT COMMUNITY
DO YOU WANT TO POSITIVELY IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY?
Texas PTA's Youth Empowered for Success (YES!) program is for you!
YES! provides young Texan with meaningful insight about the workings of policymaking and the art of civic engagement. Hear from interesting speakers and participate in interactive activities on several topics that foster civic responsibility.
This program is open to high school junior and seniors. Students who attend all three session of the virtual summit series will receive a " Youth Civic Leader" certificate. Scan a QR code to register.
Why is the PTA important, and how does it work to make a difference?
• PTA EDUCATES PARENTS AND FAMILIES and it HELPS US SUPPORT THE EDUCATION of our children.
• PTA IMPROVES SCHOOLS in ways that are important to families.
• PTA CREATES COMMUNITY in our schools and in our neighborhoods.
• PTA SUPPORTS TEACHERS AND OTHER EMPLOYEES who support our children.
• PTA GIVES FAMILIES POWER ON YOUR CAMPUS and helps parents speak with one voice about important topics.
• PTA GIVES YOU A VOICE in the government, about laws and policies that impact children.
• PTA SHOWS OUR STUDENTS THAT WE VALUE EDUCATION.
• PTA HELPS FAMILIES LEARN NEW SKILLS that they can use in everyday life.
• PTA CREATES FRIENDSHIPS WITH OTHER FAMILIES.
• PTA IS FUN
If you would like to get to know our neighbors, we would also love to chat with you. Sometime in the next 2 weeks we are going to walk to the houses around the school and hand out magnets with contact info for the school.
Please contact Jayne at firstname.lastname@example.org.